Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today is a new day!

Doing home Intervenous antibiotics (IV's) has really been taking it's toll. My father went on Vacation with his fianace, even though he didn't want to go because he was worried about me doing my morning IV treatments on my own for the first time, But i assured him i would be okay and he left Tuesday until Thursday which well is today. It was hard waking up at 7 in the A.M. everyday to do them but i learned i need to grow up, as you get older with a disease such as Cystic Fibrosis (CF) you learn that responseabilty will be a big part of your life and how you deal with your disease, the feeling of accomplishment is greatest feeling. I will admit i lose that sense of focus specially around summer time when you feel most free from reality where you can do what you would like, but in all reality it's the same no matter what season is your health is your health and you need to stay as focused as you can on doing your medications, and you will be healthier for a longer period of time. I must say i did go astray this summer and was not so good on my medications but i payed the price by getting sick and needing to go in the hospital, now i'm stuck on home IV's which takes up some of my day that i could be enjoying if i didn't slack in the first place. Remember doing your medications will make your life easier and you will learn it really beats taking a little bit out of your day to stay healthy for months or even years.

No comments:

Post a Comment