Saturday, July 24, 2010

Understanding

I always think why can't people understand the thing's I go through, not for the reason I want their sympathy but for them to understand I do go through a lot and that maybe I look healthy on the outside, that inside there is a war going on in my body. It's hard for me to explain to people how thing's are for me and for them to really understand. I know many of my friends try to understand but even though they will tell me they do, I know they don't and I'm starting to accept that it is okay they don't understand. What really matters is that they are there for me and support me in the battle I will have all my life, they accept that i am different as much as I wish i wasn't. As anyone with a disease I do sometimes get frustrated with some people not being able to understand how my life is, but I learn and will keep on learning to deal with that they won't understand unless they are living the life I do. It's easier and more helpful if you can try and talk to someone with the same problem as you though, even if you really don't like talking about thing's you will find talking to someone who is experiencing something like you are it will put thing's in a better aspect for you, you don't even have to talk about your disease just talking about anything is better then nothing. I talked to my good friend Josh Morgan, and I have never felt more comfortable talking to someone and we didn't just talk about hospital stays and visits we talked about all sorts of stuff and that in general made me feel a lot better. I urge all CFer's to try and talk to a fellow CFer. You will find it will make thing's better and life easier knowing there are people you can talk to and know they will understand what you go through. You should never bottle thing's up no matter who you are and if you even need help don't be afraid cause I do assure you talking to someone parents, a friend, or even a therapist will make life so much better and easier for you, It doesn't make you a coward it makes you stronger, stronger in accepting you need to talk and make your life better.

1 comment:

  1. Anytime, M'boy! I'm glad to listen because I know it'll be reciprocated. :-)

    Peaceful things.

    ReplyDelete